Help and suggestions

Blast
Site Admin

Re: Help and suggestions

Beitragvon Blast » 28. Jan 2017, 18:28

Yeah, I have generated some level 50 characters fully equipped with random level 50 epics and crit chance on each item and some of the rangers had over 80% crit chance. This is obviously too much. Now I have reduced the maximum possible crit and also hit chance and I think it would be better if stats would not stack (like roll 4xcrit). This way a level 50 epic item will have a possible maximum of 4% crit or hit. It means that a level 50 ranger without talents will have around 40-50% which also might be a little too much but I can live with that.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 28. Jan 2017, 18:38

Only 4% on each item? Damn i've been spoiled.. I have a few items with 5% + crit and stuff, was crit the only one with the bug? Or is an item with like 250 agility and 250 str bugged too?

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 28. Jan 2017, 20:05

These are no bugs, I'd rather like to change the principle which is used to generate random items a little to make the game more balanced. That means that items which have like 250 agi or tons of health on them would no longer drop. For ranger you would use random epic items then which have stats like crit, hit, agi, str, AP, mana, health, this still should be enough stats to look for. And what's most important for you is that items which you already have would never change. All the changes would only affect new items created after the next update.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 28. Jan 2017, 20:09

Ah that's sad to hear, i really liked the stat stacking feature.

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 28. Jan 2017, 20:22

Yeah, it's an interesting feature on one hand but on the other hand it could bring too much disbalance to the game. I also think that random items usually shouldn't be your first choice. Best items would be those you will get from killed bosses and also those you will create by yourself. Crafting will be implemented in (not so near) future and I will try my best to make it fun and interesting. I'm also planning to bring some feature which will allow to improve stats on existing items, so don't worry :)

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 29. Jan 2017, 10:01

You should try to use a paladin instead of priest for healing and then compare. I have made some improvements on that recently. Paladins can shield and heal very quickly which is an advantage to priests. Additionally paladins can also passively heal if they deal damage, just use Versatile Light.
Just something you can try if you want.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 3. Feb 2017, 13:55

Honestly if you want to make boss dropped items the best, you have to change something or the game ends way too fast. All i have to do is kill the boss a few times and i have all the best gear for my characters.

Compared to stat stacking with rng, where i can play for months and still have something better to find, it seems worse to me.

I can see a few ways you can satisfy both

You can make boss mobs drop a ton of items, and can make them more likely to drop unique items, while allowing rng on the unique items, either via stat ranges, or bonus random stats.

That way unique items will be the best and most of them will come from boss drops while they'd still have rng and add reasons to grind on.

You can also make normal random items have a chance to be part of a set, allowing them to have some static unique set bonuses, make characters look pretty and still allow rng, i got this idea from another game, seems to work for them.

They also do unique items differently, unique items have random stats but also have 1 unique property which makes them unique, like auto attacks have 10% chance to summon an electric bolt.

The reason i said most items will come from boss mobs is because if you put best items only in boss mobs, then dungeoneering will turn bland, and people will just speed run bosses while ignoring drops mobs. I mean why would you look at mob drops when you know they can't drop anything better than bosses?

Hope i'm not being boring, i just really like the rng in the game

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 3. Feb 2017, 18:42

I understand that it's fun in a way to just farm some random mobs and hope that something nice will drop. But I want bosses to be the challenging part of the game, so players should farm bosses to get the best loot. Farming random mobs should only be required to level your characters, earn money and get some basic gear more or less to be able to kill a boss some day. Bosses are the major focus here, you will have to find out how to kill them and if you make it there should be an according reward for that. At level 50 there will be more bosses and dungeons and less trash mobs. The game will not end at level 50 because I will make more and more bosses, features, dungeons and challenges.

What I could do is make random mobs drop some unique items too, but with a very small chance (like 0.01% or so). Actually there are already one or two mobs which can drop some uniques. There will also be set items with set bonusses, I was planning this! Besides, you will be able to use random items for professions, e.g. to improve your gear and money will also be more important later. Don't worry, the game will not be boring it just needs a ton of time to make all this :)

Zurück zu „Discussions about HOTAR“