Help and suggestions

treborx555

Re: Help and suggestions

Beitragvon treborx555 » 13. Okt 2016, 08:43

I'd say it's very important for a game to be able resize to smaller resolutions. I guess I could increase my resolution artificially but most people would rather play some other game.

There must be some kind zoom out built in functionality?

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 13. Okt 2016, 11:03

Most windows adapt themselves to your resolution automatically so they basically look the same at each resolution but currently this does not apply to the inventory window. I thought I can skip it because this window didn't appear to be so big to me. Looks like now that it became bigger, I will have to implement it here, too. There is no zoom functionality.

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 13. Okt 2016, 17:23

Ok, I have implemented the resizing of the inventory. The trade pane will be resized, too.
I don't want to bring a new update now, so just copy this Hotar.exe to your game folder and overwrite the other one. Please tell me if you find any bugs. Have fun.

Edit: file removed.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 13. Okt 2016, 17:51

It's better now! 30% of screen is empty now though and the lack of centering becomes really evident. I can also see some older folks having trouble reading it. In case it's not possible to add a slider, i'd just up the size by at least 15%

EDIT: picked up items are old size!
2ndEDIT: items resize when I drop an item but not when I pick them up

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 13. Okt 2016, 18:31

Damn, I didn't test this case.
Should be fixed now.

Edit: File deleted, issue is already fixed in the current version.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 13. Okt 2016, 18:54

Seems fixed!

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 21. Jan 2017, 22:43

Hey, i'm back! I started a new playthough of 0.07 version and i seem to have a lot more difficulties advancing in the game than before.

The spider lair dungeon (crystal cave) seems to be too hard, took me a whole day of grinding the entrance to be able to get to last boss, and that's by overleveling the dungeon (lvl 30 average party) and skipping the 2 hardest bosses. It seems last boss is easier than the other bosses. The fat spider one shots me with double swipe and the double spiders are way too tanky.

I don't know if i didn't have these problems before because i had better gear as i was grinding the desert a lot when the dungeon didn't exist, or you buffed the bosses lol

Also there's a few technical problems:
- sometimes when you load a save one of your characters gets super speed and avoids collision (this seems to happen only when i die and load last save)
- pathfinding system can completely freeze the game if you accidentally click a path that's too hard to calculate, like over a wall that takes a long time to get around

I love how many things you added to it and can't wait to test the new area and dungeon, but it seems it will take quite a bit of grinding to get there lol

The only thing i'd like is for menus to be centered, the inventory in particular is very annoying to be on the left-top instead of in center.

Can't wait for the update!

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 22. Jan 2017, 15:53

Hello, I'm glad you're back! I'm also still there developing the game, it's so much fun for me to see it grow and I have just released the new version 0.1.08 :)

Yes, I think "Crystal Cave" should be more difficult now, I have changed some things there but it must have been months ago already. Dungeons will always be the hard part of the game, you need to control the enemies (use Panic, Stuns, Slows etc.) to be successfull, that's actually one important point of the game. Any by the way in the new version there are some talents which will allow your characters to reduce or increase (for tanks) the chance to be attacked by enemies, that's an important mechanic.

I'll give you a hint on the 2nd boss, i.e. the "Double Swipe" spider. You need a tank with a solid armor and lots of health AND you should also place one more character next to the tank during combat. This way "Double Swipe" will first hit the tank and then the other char and the damage will be distributed on two chars. Since the second swing of "Double Swipe" is less hard than the first one, it should be healable but I would recommend to use a character with plate armor (Paladin?) as 2nd tank. On the next boss (2 spiders) it's good to use lots of shadow resistance, that's important here, then you should be fine.

The issue with the save game is probably solved already but I'm not 100% sure. I have fixed many bugs some of which are related to save games in the past months. I am also testing the game frequently and especially before I release an update, so if I run in something like this I will definately try to find the cause and fix it.
Yes, the new pathfinding system is not perfect but I think it's definately better than the old one. As you said it can freeze the game but it does not freeze completely, it freezes only because it is calculating waypoints but if it does not find a way, it will cancel and give up at some point, so you shouldn't send your people through the whole map where there are lots of obstacles. Anyway if the game "freezes" just wait some seconds then it should continue.

For the next update I'm currently planning to bring a new map for 3 characters. It will be around level 45, so you can definately reach 50. After I will also add some lower level maps to cover the gaps and to give the player the opportunity to skip a dungeon and grind somewhere where he can level up more easily if desired.

How do you like the new graphics?

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 22. Jan 2017, 17:01

Thanks for the tips! I kinda did the 2nd boss now but it was because i got op 225 dps bows from graveyard map for my rangers lol

The graphics look really weird so i wanted to not offer opinion but since you're asking sure.

I love the menu icons, they look nice, the party hp and mana numbers are still way too tiny and barely visible at least on my resolution 766x1366, was hoping you'd make them longer, i'd remove the in combat indicator swords and use that space for hp and mana bars.

The inventory and other menus with the brown texture are the ones that look weird, i'd use a texture that's more clean, to resemble the new clean look you're rebuilding the maps with. Then again i might just not be used to it, i'll post a new comment if i start to like the texture.

Also the log could use a background, 100% transparency makes it hard to look at it in some environments

Oh, i also love how the XP bar is finally visible! The last one was almost invisible with the yellow and the yellower yellow lol.

Yeah the game could use more maps because at some points of the game i'm either overleveling in a zone because the next one is too hard or barely doing the hard zone. For example the first map, i've found that the easiest way to level is near the entrance to next area. There are bears there who do little damage and are easily grinded, and you have an elite mob on the right to farm. And the best way to farm it is to keep re-opening the area :D

I have yet to be able to farm the graveyard reliable btw, currently can only defeat 2 mobs at once, will see how much will it take for me to be able to clear the whole area and go to the dungeon.

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 22. Jan 2017, 17:51

Thanks for your feedback, it's always interesting and fun to read your posts.

With the new graphics I'm trying to keep a certain style which will be everywhere, on the maps and on the windows. I'm so sorry that you have such a strange screen resolution. Mine is 1920x1080 which is best for the game. I will think about your suggestion regarding the right bar and the bars/fonts on it.

The health, mana and XP bars which are visible on the bottom and on top of the screen are very new, I have created them yesterday. After thinking for a while about the style I have decided to use real textures for them from now on which looks much much better than before. I have also replaced many texts with a new kind of font which I have also created by myself, however on some spots, e.g. on tooltips there are still old fonts.

I think tanks should be more useful now because of the new talents, you should try it ;)

Zurück zu „Discussions about HOTAR“