Help and suggestions

treborx555

Re: Help and suggestions

Beitragvon treborx555 » 23. Jan 2017, 12:26

i'd remove the in combat indicator swords and use that space for hp and mana bars.

My mistake, the combat indicators also say what member is being attacked, don't remove that lol. But yeah please do try to make the bars on the right more visible, maybe something like this:

Bild

Just shrink the class icon a bit to fit beside the name and hp and mana bars can be prolonged by a bit.

Idk if it would look weird or not though

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 23. Jan 2017, 19:25

Yes, I will think about it.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 27. Jan 2017, 11:17

Bug, bags change icons after reloading, the first time i got a bag it looked like a red square box, after loading game or traveling through zones, the bag turned into a red pouch. It's still the same functionality, just the image changed.

Btw liking the new dungeon, after a ton of grinding i'm finally able to kill the first boss, king skeleton xD So it is possible even with a huge level difference between maps

Edit: just now my pc froze because i aggroed 3 warlocks and went behind a wall, their aggro reset and they stopped in place, then game froze. I think you added the new pathfinding to mobs too?

Edit2: another bug, king rold in new dungeon - if you dodge his "wide hit" (flames) by moving away, he will keep re casting wide hit without moving and you can kill him easily with ranged characters.

Edit3: not sure if intended but i can beat the lich easily by dragging him to the portal, then his spawn skeletons does nothing as they are far away and his teleport also does nothing because i'm already there xD

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 27. Jan 2017, 21:03

Hey, looks like you have found a nice tactic against the lich ;)
I will analyze the bugs, thank you very much! Yes, the new path finding is also used by mobs.

Edit: I have fixed the bug with bags. Good news: your bags will look correctly with the new update. There was a bug inside of the loading procedure, not inside of the saving, I've forgotten to add something. Don't worry the bug only affects the icon, so nothing bad should happen to your items.
I think I will also do something with the path finding system, maybe I will optimize it for performance which will mean that the algorithm will "give up" earlier while looking for a path.

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 28. Jan 2017, 08:35

I have fixed the bug on King Rold with his ability Wide Hit. There was a division by 0 if no enemy was next to him while he was performing this hit. This basically caused a crash of the current frame. At this point any other game would have crashed completely but Hotar is different so it only cancels all further actions of the current frame and starts with the next one ;) That's why it looks to you like he is casting again and again, it's because he does not really finish this hit, the cooldown is not activated and he does not switch to his next spell or hit.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 28. Jan 2017, 10:41

That's nice to hear!

Btw the ranger shred armor talent seems kinda op, idk how it works exactly but did you know rangers can get more than 60% crit rate due to talent and class agility bonuses? I have 2 rangers and they perma armor shred. So archers are perma critting dps monsters xD Other party members seem to be mostly used for utility, priest for heal, druid for buff and stun removal, warrior for tanking and warlock for stunning mobs. Rangers deal 30% dmg but my other party members do like 10%

I've yet to see a reason to replace an archer with another dps, but i'll try and level others and see if they are equally good. Rangers just seem like a must have because of armor shredding, except in full mage parties

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 28. Jan 2017, 17:17

Ok interesting, maybe I will nurf rangers, have to test it by myself. I have already made bows weaker some months ago but maybe I will have to do something else to balance it out.
Good job :)

By the way you can follow me on twitter if you want: https://twitter.com/Hotar82
There I'm posting different news for Hotar from time to time, e.g. working on a new map (level 44-46) at the moment. There will be some lions and orcs :)

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 28. Jan 2017, 17:29

I just got leather gloves lvl 40 with 25% phys crit, my ranger is now at 80% crit :D

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 28. Jan 2017, 17:32

What, is that possible? I will review my item generator, this is definately too much.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 28. Jan 2017, 17:50

Bild

Yup, i thought maybe this was some really rare thing? It did happen only after many dungeon re-runs..

Zurück zu „Discussions about HOTAR“