Help and suggestions

treborx555
Re: Help and suggestions

Beitragvon treborx555 » 3. Okt 2016, 18:07

The new update is pretty cool, the dungeon is so hard i'm still farming the entrance because i can't beat the 2 silver spiders yet. (i know i can pass them though)

The purples are rare and I like it, the dropped item sorting is like 10 times better than before, though it sometimes overlaps too.

Dungeon lags but only a tiny bit.

I'll comment later when I beat the whole dungeon!

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 3. Okt 2016, 18:32

I'm glad you like it and thank you for feedback :)

I think it depends on your System if the game lags or not or if it runs a little bit slow. I have tested it on different systems but couldn't figure out so far which hardware it is that you need to run the game faster.

Working on bags at the moment. There will also be different kinds of bags for different items (e.g. armor, weapons, etc.). I think we really need this now as the game becomes bigger and the player will need different kind of gear for different bosses.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 3. Okt 2016, 18:57

I forgot to mention, why is rarity not being colored on item borders?

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 3. Okt 2016, 22:10

Hm, I havent thought about that, actually I think it should be enough that the name of the item is colored?

What do you think about the bosses, too easy/hard or ok?
Have you found something purple already? I didn't during my tests.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 3. Okt 2016, 22:33

Idk, I like when I can spot the rarity on the icon itself.. also full purple set on a character looks satisfying!

No idea about bosses, i only beat scratcher currently. Scratcher is easy as long as someone doesn't get one shotted, because druid aoe heal is enough for everyone to finish fight at full hp.

I found a few purples but i also played for hours. Um.. i think it's about 1 purple per about 30 mobs or so.

EDIT: i beat the 2 silver bosses finally! I think i was unlucky before that my healers got stunned.
EDIT2: beat the final boss! I attacked only the boss and the surrounding eggs didn't spawn, woof. Not sure of difficulty cus idk if i was lucky or not. Will know after a few more tries.

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 4. Okt 2016, 00:06

Congratulations!
Yea maybe the last boss should be a little more difficult.
Regarding the 2 silver bosses: they are actually pretty smart, so if you have survived them without the right tactics then you must have a pretty solid gear with lots of shadow res ;)
What about the first boss, "Wrecker"? I hope you didn't miss him.

Ah now I understand what you mean by icon borders. Yeah, that's a good idea, I should color the icons depending on quality of the item!

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 4. Okt 2016, 00:23

Yes I had good gear, I grinded for days to get my characters to level 28 from lvl 19 mobs lol.

Now it's a lot easier, i did the big boss 3 times i think and never failed. But considering i had good gear, not sure about difficulty..

I don't think I used any tactics for the silver bosses, I just killed one and healed with the healer which wasn't stunned. They die easily because my dps is really good. Druid has 2000 dmg on thorns and have rangers with 500 phy dps.

Hm, i have about 70 shadow res on average per party member. But they all have at least 5000 health at lvl 32 and with druid buff.

The wrecker is easy as i said, can be tough if healer gets one shotted.

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 4. Okt 2016, 01:14

Ok, I think you're overgeared for this :lol:
The difference in item stats is pretty high from one level to an other but this should end at level 50 because then I can just create custom items where I will raise the stats depending on dungeon difficulty. These items in general will be better than random items.

Regarding the first of four bosses I mentioned ("Wrecker"), this is the blue Spider. Before you have mentioned the second boss which uses "Double Swing". I think there was a misunderstanding.

When I was testing the "Two Spiders" I had a group of level 25 characters and each of them had at least 300 shadow res and much less health then yours (2k-3k, tank maybe 4k). However I have used the right tactics, so it went well. I have also tried them without resistances, that wasnt good, my people died after some seconds :D Normally you should also use some crowed control on bigger groups of trash mobs but I assume you don't have to because you just kill them so quickly.
I think this boss is a good example of what will come at level 50 where you cannot simply go there with extremely overgeared characters.

I have implemented the coloring of items, see this, it looks awesome, this will be released in the next update:
Dateianhänge
21.jpg
21.jpg (555.21 KiB) 1829 mal betrachtet

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 4. Okt 2016, 10:14

The coloring looks neat, unsure about if glow is too high though.

Ok, I didn't even think of crowd controlling monsters lol, my playstyle is basically everyone shoot and kill one fast, switch to another, healer instant heal someone close to dying and heal another. Switch to another, heal again etc

These items in general will be better than random items.

Any way of choosing random items to be better as an option? Like choosing the number of random stats or their numbers in a txt file? Like purple items 8 stats instead of 6. I like the unique items as leveling gear, but dislike them when they are best possible items. Maybe an options txt file to disable unique drops? Hope it's easy to implement!

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 4. Okt 2016, 12:22

Quality of items and the way random items are created can only be modified inside of my code. I will think about changing this when there is level 50 content. At the moment we can keep it as it is I think.
I also like the idea of reusing the content. Maybe I will implement something like a "Hard" mode which you will be able to set when at level 50 to set all dungeons to level 50 so there will be new challenges.
I am also thinking about giving some random traits to random mobs, i.e. like 1 of 30 mobs would get some buff and if you kill him there could be a chance on some nice item. Hell, there is so much I can think of to implement!

Zurück zu „Discussions about HOTAR“