Help and suggestions

treborx555

Help and suggestions

Beitragvon treborx555 » 19. Sep 2016, 19:03

Hello! I like your game, but i've been having a few troubles:

- I can't find an area with mobs higher than lvl 10, i only found the 6 party dungeon
- my savegames sometime fail when a crash happens, which means i have to keep at least 3 saves of the same game on different maps to be sure i dont lose the save
- when i first downloaded the game, i couldnt save at all. Because save file was missing, so i made it and it worked fine.
- items cover mobs so i cant see them
- inventory could be centered
- you should get at least 1 spell on start, it was really hard to get to lvl 5 when I kept dying and missing out on xp, so i barely was able to swap maps to grind.
- movement speed could be increased a bit, it feels slow, along with:
- path finding bugs sometimes split the party and 1 character goes in the wrong way

Well it's mostly bugs and suggestions, but my current problem is that I can't find a higher level area, so I wanted to ask does it exist because it says in the game desc that i can lvl to 50?

Blast
Site Admin

Re: Help and suggestions

Beitragvon Blast » 20. Sep 2016, 11:10

Hello treborx555,

I'm glad you like the game and thank you very much for your feedback :)

Yesterday I have released the first update. There is a new area now where you will find enemies of level 17-20. Sorry but at the moment this is the maximum but I'm working on it as fast as I can. In the 6 man dungeon you should be able to level up to 15 or a bit higher, so you will be strong enough for the new area.

I have also fixed some bugs, there shouldn't be problems with savegames now (I hope). However, I didn't experience problems where I couldn't save at all. Maybe the problem is that you have installed the game in C: or so, where Windows prevents the game from creating files? :o

You can hide the names of the drops with the Tab-key (see game options).

"you should get at least 1 spell on start" - yes, I'm planning to put some spells as "skills" (on the right side of the talents pane). This way the player will automatically get some spells on level 1 and if he reaches a certain level.

I'm also aware of the problem with the pathfinding. I will definately improve it but currently this is not my highest priority as there are other things which are more important (e.g. new levels so you can actually reach level 50, talents, spells).

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 20. Sep 2016, 11:19

Thanks for the response! If I may ask a bit more, does the lvl 50 dragon drop anything good? Because I want to try kill it with a part y of lvl 28 characters

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 20. Sep 2016, 12:13

Currently the dragon can only drop random items (if you are lucky) like any normal monsters. I didn't implement a loot table for him yet as you cannot reach level 50 at the moment anyway.

But I wish you luck :)

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 20. Sep 2016, 12:16

Alright, i'll try doing him when I lvl all my characters! I also forgot to mention there's no mana per sec stat in character page, would be useful! Maybe when you hover over mana you get mana per sec stat?

I'm here in case you need some help btw!

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 20. Sep 2016, 16:31

There is "Mana per 5 sec."! It is displayed on your character pane below "Healing Power". It is also increased by wisdom.
This stat is hidden if you select a warrior or a rogue because they don't use mana.

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 20. Sep 2016, 16:41

Ok I am embarrassed now, I tried searching it on my warrior lol

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 1. Okt 2016, 22:23

Got a few more suggestions I forgot to mention!

- Center the UIs like inventory screen
- Item rarity filter
- Stop item drop boxes from overlapping
- Remove the 2nd window which is cmd used to debug as console log, i can be annoying when alt-tabbing
- Modify Resting. Instead of adding regen, enable a different kind of regen that works via more tics. Because right now you can wait 4 seconds, click rest, walk for 4 seconds and click rest etc To regen while walking basically. It's also weird that sometimes you regen instantly, other times have to wait 5 seconds. I think something that regens you for 5% hp/mana every half second would be cool.
- remove dead mob names, can clutter dungeons

- Make a simple village where a player can teleport to and back from they came from:
It'd be something like a home where you can sell items, buy characters, buy items, enchant items, craft potions or any feature that gets implemented.
So it's not needed to make a town near every leveling area. Make those services purchasable with money or ingredients so you can slowly built up your town. Adds to progression which many people like.

- A noticeboard with quests:
Easy way to add diversity to gameplay, there would be a noticeboard somewhere, or maybe just in the gui, that gives you notices like:
"A rift to dungeon X has appeared somewhere in Y map!"

The dungeon from those rifts would scale to player level, so even the lowest level dungeons can be reused and played again! So Instead of repeating one dungeon over and over at high level, you'd repeat it but you'd also have regular rifts appearing which stops the monotony.

- Mob modifiers:
Another way to make encounters more diverse is to have mobs with random modifiers, like:
*double hp
*double dmg
*aoe damage skill
*armored
*magic resist

I guess the stat modifiers could be easy to implement but adding skills would be tougher. You don't have to stop at modifiers, you could make certain mob spawns random too, so 2 elites could spawn nearby for example. Or you could have roaming elites. I'd only activate this feature if the party is higher level than the area though.

- An idea for alchemy:

A system where you have to first find out how to make potions by putting ingredients and seeing what happens. An easy implementation would be to just sacrifice ingredients and you have a % chance of learning any potion recipe. A more complicated one would be where you have to actually make the exact potion and only then do you get the formula, basically alchemy without a formula.

Now for the easier option there might be a need to balance it a bit, like having a talent tree for potions, let me explain:

Health potion > Improved health potion > improved health potion with bonus stat ... etc

So if the ingredient sacrifice succeeds, you progress the talent tree by a point. And at the end the player would have all kinds of potions to brew, maybe even make some super expensive potions that can be used for hard dungeons.

- Banks:
Seriously, it'd be nice to save some gear. Inventory is fine but with 20+ party members it's not enough.

- Enchanting and disenchanting:
This one I think is easy to make!

Basically, to disenchant an item, just click on it while on disenchanting gui, the item is deleted and you get various dusts, metals, ores, gems etc
Only blue+ or purple+ items should be allowed because otherwise you'd need a to do it every 5 minutes with so many green and white items.

You use those materials to enchant the items. Now the enchanting can be very different:

* Upgrade like system, where you pick a stat and just keep upgrading it, it can be chance based or not
* Random enchant system, where you get random enchants but can keep re-rolling those enchants for more materials
* Pick the stat system, but with no upgrading.

Would be fun to power up items, but I can see balance issues appearing!

Welp I think I'm out of ideas, hope some are good at least!

Blast
Site Admin

Beitragvon Blast » 2. Okt 2016, 09:12

Hey, thank you very much for some input.
There are some things you mentioned which I could implement in near future, others are sort of "nice to have", so maybe they will be implemented much much later, i.e. if there is actually content up to level 50 (which is my highest priority atm).
I will definately implement bags in near future so you have more room in your inventory, have already thought about it. There will be a certain amount of bag slots and if you equip one, you can switch your inventory to a bag.

However development takes a lot of time and I can't even do it fulltime because I also have a family and a job to earn money. So please be patient. Doing what I can. I will probably release the next update today or tomorrow then you will have some new content :)

treborx555

Beitragvon treborx555 » 2. Okt 2016, 09:25

No problem! I didn't post suggestions to give you more to work but to save you some time from brainstorming. I know dev is hard, I made one tiny javascript game and it took me a week! I've found that implementing some things can be a piece of cake but other times you have to work for days just to modify the code to actually support it. That's why i posted a bunch of ideas, i know some are impossible to be easily done but i can't know which ones.

Zurück zu „Discussions about HOTAR“